Friday, December 27, 2013

Two Projects for Blue Fern Studios

Good morning! I hope that your Christmas went well and that you're getting ready to welcome in a new year :). I'm stopping in today to share some classy Christmas cheer with you all, as well as a sweet and simple project too~ both for Blue Fern Studios!

"Let it Snow"
Blue Fern Studios has released some beautiful holiday themed chipboard pieces over the past month or so, as well as some wintry ones as well- simply perfect for this time of year! The "Let it Snow" set includes the title piece and snowflake you see here, as well as a tree and some additional snowflakes. A must-have!

For the frame I first primed with gesso before applying embossing ink. I then sprinkled on some sparkly white and gold embossing powders as well as some glitter and then setting with a heat gun. The snowflake was treated with white embossing powder and set. Finally, the title piece was stamped with chalk ink and sealed with some glossy accents.

Blue Fern Studios Products Used:
Let it Snow
Ever After Frame Set

Other Products Used:
Webster's Pages "Royal Christmas" Collection papers
Prima Marketing flowers and bling

Next I have a sweet and simple card for you!

"A Very Good Life"
I love the "Winter Page Dangles", and I have been envisioning creating a tall, narrow card with one for a while now. I wanted to make sure the chipboard piece was the focus, so I kept the rest of my card fairly simple. 

I used a white chalk ink before adding embossing ink and glittery white embossing powder to my chipboard. It turned out sparkly and feminine which was perfect for my girly card!

Blue Fern Studios Products Used:
Winter Page Dangles

Other Products Used:
Webster's Pages "New Beginnings" Collection paper
Webster's Pages "New Beginnings" Sentiment Stickers
Webster's Pages "Postcards from Paris II" Collection paper

Thank-you for stopping by amidst the holiday happenings! 
I hope you've had a chance to play along with our sketch challenge this month over at Blue Fern too- there's still time left to enter!
Have a wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

Romy said...

They are both so pretty! Fab work with the chipboard pieces!

Patty O'Malley said...

Beautiful projects, Erin! I love that first one with all the glittery snowflakes--so pretty! The card is so prettily feminine.

Staci said...

Stunning as usual! I hope that you have a wonderful and blessed 2014!

sandi said...

Both of these are just beautiful!

Lizzyc said...

These are gorgeous.. so pretty. love the long card.. and I wish you all the best for 2014 too!

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful work again. I am so enraptured with red shades teamed with white at the moment, so the first project really catches my eye. You make it look so easy